Resource Recycling and Green Products
To reduce the environment impact caused by waste generated from the industrial activities, the promotion of green production and consumption has become an important consideration in government policies around the globe. For a state like Taiwan with very limited natural resources, how to promote the recycling and reuse of limited resources during the product production and consumption cycle, and develop the resource recycling industry, will be the key to Taiwan’s future development of sustainable economic activities. In this aspect, the promotion of green products made from recycled resources, is critical to the development of resource recycling industry and enhancement of environmental friendliness of the industries and their products.
- Technical consultation service related to green products made from recycled resources: Provide consumers with green product information (https://gpi.edf.org.tw/); assist with the promotion/marketing of recycled resource green products; assist manufacturers with identifying or obtaining green product status.
- Consultation service to product manufacturers: Provide consulting services to manufacturers in enhancing capability for producing green products and complying with "Guidelines on Reviewing and Awarding Recycled Resource Green Product Status, promulgated by the Ministry of Economic Affairs; assist in improving quality of green product and expand their market share.
The major outcome of 「Project of Promoting Advanced Recycled Products」 (from 2012 to 2015) are listed as follows:
- Organized a staff group of green-recycled-product to propose the promotional strategy of green recycled products, re-examine green recycled product regulations regularly and to solve the related problems of green recycled products.
- Announced 16 green-recycled-product specification standards.
- Set up a working group to conduct application of green-recycled-product certification 35 cases and to analyze the seasonal declared data reported by the green-recycled-product certified factories.
- Held 18 workshops about green-recycled-product certification system and 5 conferences about the green-recycled-product promoting achievements to increase the visibility of green recycled products.
- Assisted 31 recycling factories to improve their ability for manufacturing green-recycled-product with an increase in output value of 1.18 billion and industrial wastes reuse quantity over 190,000 tons.