Carbon Emission Reduction Services
The 21st century’s most important global environmental issue is the trend of carbon reduction driven by awareness of global warming. In President Ma's Political Policy White Paper, the reduction of carbon emissions is treated as one of the most important policy goals. The 2009 National Energy Conference convened by the Executive Yuan also adopted the “Low-carbon City Promotion Plan." In accordance with this Plan, each county will establish two low carbon demonstration communities in the next two years, nationally six low-carbon cities will be developed in the next five years, and four low-carbon living zones (in the northern, central, southern and eastern parts of Taiwan respectively) will be completed before 2020. Thus, EDF has assembled a strong technical team to provide relevant carbon reduction services to businesses, public institutions and communities.
- Low-carbon transportation: Planning of low carbon road network, promotion of green transportation (e.g., electric/hybrid vehicles, public bicycle system) and low-carbon driving;
- Energy conservation: Air conditioning and lighting energy efficiency, ESCOs and energy-saving diagnostic service, promotion of energy-saving measures;
- Renewable energy: Planning and promotion of solar, wind, biomass energy, etc.;
- Resource recycling: Planning and promotion of food and bulk waste collection, recycling and reuse;
- Low-carbon buildings: Promotion of green buildings and refurbishment of existing buildings;
- Low-carbon lifestyle: Planning and promotion of low-carbon community and tourism, green procurement and green consumption;
- Environmental beautification: Greening and beautification of parks, schools, tourist attractions and communities.
- Hsinchu City low-carbon urban planning and assessment project: Established the city’s greenhouse gas emission baseline, and developed short, mid-term and long-term greenhouse gas reduction goals; planned and promoted carbon reduction programs containing 7 specific initiatives.
- Ryukyu Township eco-transport system planning project: Planning of island- wide electric touring vehicle system and promotion of electrical motorcycles and public bicycle system.
- Hsinchu County low-carbon community demonstration and green consumption promotion project: Selection and consulting in developing three low-carbon demonstration communities; assisting communities and villages in conducting green consumption and purchasing; promoting companies and organizations in implementing green procurement; and assisting in setting up green stores and environmentally friendly hotels.
- Hsinchu City’s Low-Carbon Center planning and promotion project: Planned and established the city’s low-carbon promotion group; developed short, mid and long-term low-carbon goals; prepared "Low Carbon City Development Proposal”; prepared "Hsinchu City’s White Paper on Carbon Reduction”; and organized low carbon community rating, assessment, and related promotional efforts.
- Pingtung County’s low-carbon urban planning and technical advisory project: Provided technical advisory services; prepared "Pingtung County Low-Carbon Communities Promotion White Paper"; planning for "Pingtung County’s Low-Carbon Technology Forum"; and promotion of the other low-carbon activities.
- Draft Greenhouse Gas Reduction Act
- Energy Management Act
- Energy Management Act Enforcement Rules
- Renewable Energy Development Ordinance
- EPA Greenhouse Gas Inventory and Registry Management Principles