Environmental Product Declaration & Carbon Footprint of Product Certification
ISO Type III Environmental Product Declaration (EPD) provides consumers with quantified product life cycle environmental performance information based on the requirements of the ISO 14025 standard. In recent years, due to the international environmental trend in pursuing carbon reduction, the carbon footprint for product (CFP) has become a main focus of EPD. The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) has also developed the ISO/TR 14067 standard for product carbon footprint based on the ISO 14025 (for Type III EPD) and ISO 14040 (for product life cycle assessment) series of standards. EDF is one of the founding members of the GEDnet, an international organization for type III EPD practitioners, and is currently providing certification service for type III declarations based on the International EPD® System. In addition, EDF is recognized by the TEPA in certifying product carbon footprint declaration. Thus, EDF is the only organization in Taiwan capable of providing both EPD and CFP certification services.
Swedish International EPD system organization
- Review and declare Product Category Rules (PCR): PCR is the document required in carrying out proper Type III EPD or CFP declaration, as it can provide the basis for quantification and comparison of product declaration. EDF is currently the only organization in Taiwan capable of assisting clients in preparing and declaring PCR meeting the requirements of both General Programme Instructions version 2.5 and Taiwan EPA’s Carbon Label..
- Verification of Type III Environmental Declaration: EDF can provide EPD certification and verification service based on the requirements of the ISO 14025.
- Verification of product carbon footprint: EDF is a third party verification organization recognized by the Taiwan EPA in verifying the product carbon footing declaration for TEPA’s Carbon Label Program. EDF can provide verification services for clients’ PCF and assist clients in applying for TEPA’s Carbon Label.
- Provide consulting service regarding other country's Type III declaration: Provide consulting service meeting clients’ needs and assist them in obtaining foreign type III environmental declaration labels.
- Assisted scores of major manufacturers (including AUO, CPT, TECO, China Steel, Asus, USI, Tatung, Lite-On, HTC, Quanta, D-Link, MSI, ZyXEL) in Taiwan in preparing PCRs and type III EPDs;
- EDF is the only organization in Taiwan providing certification/verification services for both international type III EPD declaration and Taiwan EPA Carbon Label declaration.
- ISO/CNS 14025:2006
- ISO/CNS 14040: 2008
- ISO 14067
- Guidelines for calculation of carbon footprint, Taiwan Environmental Protection Agency