Capacities and Qualifications
- EDF has been commissioned by the Environmental Protection Administration of ROC (TEPA) to conduct the reviews and certification of Green Mark application since 1997. The Green Mark Program seeks to identify products with preferable environmental performance, and encourage the consumers to purchase these products with Green Mark label preferentially in order to reap the comparative environmental benefits.
- EDF is a founding member of the global association of Type I eco-labelling programs, the Global Ecolabelling Network (GEN), and has entered into Multilateral Recognition Agreements (MRAs) with many GEN members. Through these MRAs, EDF is able to provide assistance to entities wishing to apply for eco-labels in foreign countries.
- EDF is also a founding member of the international non-profit association of Type III environmental declaration practitioners, the Global Environmental Declarations Network (GEDnet). EDF has recently entered into an agreement with the International EPDⓇ system and provides the following services in this area: certification of EPD, development of PCRs, and establishment and maintenance of an international PCR database.
- EDF is a qualified verifier of the EPA’s Carbon Footprint of Product Labelling program.
- EDF conforms to the requirements of the Guidelines for Registration of Technical Service Organizations’ Service Capacity promulgated by the Industry Bureau of the Ministry of Economic Affairs, with the following registered categories:
- SD Category: Sustainable development related service provider
SD1: Environmental services
Environmental technology services (pollution control/prevention, waste recycling/reuse, and water resource recycling/reuse)
- RD Category: Research and development related service provider
RD1: Research services
Research and development service
- EDF is accredited by the Taiwan Accreditation Foundation (TAF) in accordance with the requirements of the ISO/IEC Guide 65: 1996 and relevant interpretation documents.
- Certification scheme: Product Environmental Claim certification program.
- Scope of certification: material recycled content; provision of certification services through systematic system.